Esplanade Theatre @ Marina Bay Singapore

Over the last long weekend, I went back Muar, Johor Bahru and Singapore. It has been a year I didn't visit Singapore. Compared to my secondary school time, I went there almost every school holiday.

One of the reasons I went to Singapore this time is to try out my newly bought Tokina 12-24mm f4 wide-angle lens. I went to a few places and tried to take landscape and cityscape shots with this lens. After all the tryouts, I would say I'm quite satisfied with its performance, built and photo quality. :-D

The Esplanade Theatre (Theatres on the Bay or 滨海艺术中心) is one of my target locations. Located at the waterfront land alongside Marina Bay near the mouth of the Singapore River, Esplanade Theatre is the centre for concerts, recitals and art performances. Its unique architectural design has been said to have an appearance similar to durian. So, we all casually refer to the Esplanade as "The Durian".

Esplanade Theatre with Singapore Flyer

Singapore Cityscape Night View from Marina Bay

Closer View of the Esplanade Theatre

Complete Fenced Track for F1 Night Race

Day View of the Esplanade Theatre

Photoset: Esplanade Singapore

5 Responses to "Esplanade Theatre @ Marina Bay Singapore"

gnu said... September 24, 2009 at 11:03 PM

u were there too? No wonder I saw some shutterbug like you! Fabulous photo!

sunshine said... September 24, 2009 at 11:19 PM

ur shooting pic skill become so professional la,hehe..can change job la,open ur own company.but remember hire me as ur graphic designer ya~~

Valerie said... September 25, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Totally blew my eyes off... great pics! I guess you already reach another level of photography.

Shien Long said... September 26, 2009 at 12:40 PM

skies damn blue

kelvin-tan said... September 26, 2009 at 1:25 PM

thanks folks for all ur comments.
soulmen, i shoot the day view photos in the early evening when the sun was at my back. with the bright sun behind u, it helps to bring out vibrant and high contrast sky colour in ur photos. ;-)

Post a Comment